WHAT IS THE TENNESSEE WINTER BEER FEST?
TENNESSEE WINTER BEER FEST’s (TWBF) Mission Statement is simple: “To promote the regional craft beer culture within East Tennessee through intimate events and gatherings while supporting local charities.”
We do this by holding the best and most fun beer event—bar none. From the beginning, in the winter of 2012, this event has proven to be unique in several ways:
1. The TWBF is small in numbers of patrons (around 350) with a nice, “intimate” feel that encourages great energy, that is characteristic of the event.
2. The laid back and “party at someone’s (who is really cool) house” atmosphere.
3. The latest in local and regional craft beer and the ability to “hang out” with the brewers.
4. The amazing food that is provided by Miss Lily’s Catering.
5. The rockin’ live bands that perform.
6. The event supports an amazing organization– the Blount County Children’s Advocacy Center, or just “New Hope”, as most everyone calls it.
7. The generous and loyal patrons who return, year after year.
8. Really cool stuff at our Silent Auction
9. The ability to spend the night in Townsend at participating establishments
10. Last, but, definitely, not least—the desire of our participating brewers to also return, year after year, generously and enthusiastically.
All these factors, and many more, make this event the special happening it is, and ALLOWS THE TWBF TO SELL OUT VERY QUICKLY.
WHY DO WE DO IT?
The uniqueness of the TWBF also results in a fair amount of funds to be raised every year; of which, we are EXTREMELY PROUD. After 7 years, through the 2018 version, the Tennessee Winter Beer Fest has donated $99,000 to the Blount County Children’s Advocacy Center. To many brewers and even more attendees, the TWBF has become their most favorite beer event ever.
WHAT BREWERIES HAVE PARTICIPATED?
2018 Breweries: Abridged Beer Company, Balter Beerworks, Black Abbey Brewing Co., Blackberry Farm, Blackhorse Brewery, Calfkiller Brewing Co., Clinch River Brewing, Crafty Bastard Brewery, Depot Street Brewing, Elkmont Exchange, Fanatic Brewing Co., Gatlinburg Brewing Company, Gypsy Circus Cider Company, Hexagon Brewing Company, Hutton & Smith Brewing Co., Last Days of Autumn Brewing, Mill Creek Brewing Co., Pretentious Beer Co., Red Silo Brewing, Schulz Brau Brewing Co., Yee-Haw
Date: Saturday, February 16
Times: 3:00pm – 8:00pm
Cost: $60.00 (DD tickets for $30)
How to buy tickets: Event Brite via our website beginning 3rd week of December
What you get:
1. Unlimited sampling of all breweries’ brews
2. Catered food from Miss Lily’s
3. Rockin’ music: Appalachian Surf Team and HighFive-FistBump
4. Hobnobbing with local and regional brewers
5. More fun than expected (and expect a keg-load)
*Special Note: Again, this event SELLS OUT VERY QUICKLY. Just sayin’.